About the Program:
Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) is a School to Work program that opens the door for students to explore and work in apprenticeship occupations starting in Grade 11 or Grade 12 through the Cooperative Education program.
Students have an opportunity to become registered apprentices and work towards becoming certified journeypersons in a skilled trade while completing their secondary school diplomas.
The goals of OYAP:
- To provide students with the opportunity to start training in a skilled trade while completing the requirements for an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD);
- To enable students to make the school to work transition by direct entry into apprenticeship training;
- To provide employers with the opportunity to train the skilled workers they require;
- To provide a viable solution to address the problem of skilled trades people shortages in general, and specifically the lack of young people joining the trades.
- Assist you and your teacher in finding your co-op job placement in the masonry trade
- Provide you with first level of in-school training (8 weeks full time) free!
- Have you start training on the following possible start dates: March or May
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact your co-op teacher today!