About the Program:
This 32-40 week program provides basic theory and hands-on training for the brick and stone masonry field and introduction to refractory and restoration.
The program is designed to give students safety training and an opportunity to strengthen their math and communication skills through academic upgrading if required.
Students will learn to safely and properly operate hand and power tools as well as equipment found on the construction site.
They will have opportunities to use masonry materials and supplies and to practice the selection, preparation and installation of masonry materials.
There is a paid work placement included in the program, where students will be temporarily matched with an employer in the masonry industry for a minimum of 8 weeks or 280 hours to a maximum of 12 weeks or 420 hours.
- Length: 32-40 weeks (In-school + Work placement)
- Start Date: To Be Determined
- Time: Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 4:00pm, Fridays off
- Available Seats: To Be Determined
- Campus: Mississauga and Ottawa (Orleans)
- Tuition: $0 (This program is funded by the Government of Ontario)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Attend an Information Session - CLICK HERE - If there is no info, program is not available
- Complete an Application/Assessment (handed out at the info session)
- Candidates may be notified on or after the interview, if they have been selected, on a waitlist or declined.
"The instructors ensure that the students have great understanding of the material that is being covered in class and in the shop. They are very patient and encouraging. The staff and support team is always available and very helpful. My experience overall at the OMTC and what it offers was absolutely fantastic. I would strongly encourage for those looking for an apprenticeship program or pre apprenticeship to choose the Ontario Masonry Training Centre. Thank you OMTC for all your hard work and dedication." - Lorenzo B. (2016 Pre-App Student)